With its rainbow of fresh produce, a salad can be a delicious and striking part of your meal…not to mention loaded with nutrients! Now, if dousing your salad with a calorie-laden dressing is the only way to get your picky eaters to enjoy it, I’ll call that a win. A better option (double win?) would be to use a lighter, healthier dressing. Here are five healthy and delicious salad dressings you can make in less than five minutes:
- Arugula Salad with Grape Tomatoes and Shaved Red Onions – There’s beauty in simplicity with this quick and easy salad. The peppery arugula is complimented perfectly in taste and appearance by a few simple savory ingredients.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette – Offering a distinctive, Mediterranean flavor, this dressing pairs wonderfully with baby spinach, pomegranate seeds, and pine nuts.
- Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad – The Greek yogurt provides the creamy texture you’ve come to expect in a Caesar salad with less fat and more protein. I guarantee you won’t miss your old Caesar one bit!
- Oriental Dressing – This savory dressing offers just a hint of sweet and pairs wonderfully with mild salads. Try yours with spring mix, julienned carrots, bean sprouts, and cucumber!
- Raspberry Vinaigrette – The raspberry vinegar lends a deep, complex flavor with fruit undertones to this salad dressing. Pairs well with spring mix, sliced radishes, and sliced green apples.
Enjoy making these healthy salad dressings and get that double win at your next meal!