These small suggestions can make a big difference in treating and preventing diaper rash for your little one!
Comforting Diaper Rash Bath
Next time your baby has a diaper rash, you may want to try giving them a soothing baking soda bath. This simple recipe can be a lifesaver:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda in lukewarm water.
- Absorb a soft, clean, and dry washcloth in the mixture.
- Wash babies skin, patting dry (rubbing will cause further irritation).
How to Avoid Diaper Rash
Diaper rash is typically caused by babies that are not kept clean and dry, diapers that do not fit well, or allergies (to either food, baby wipes, or diapers). Knowing what creates a rash is the first part in preventing diaper rash.
Here are a few tips to remember if your baby has a diaper rash:
- Never rub your baby’s bottom with a towel. Patting dry is best to avoid irritation.
- Avoid using diapers with plastic edges or plastic diaper covers as they create conditions for bacteria to grow.
- Make sure that you are using the correct sized diaper.
- Use protective barrier creams with zinc to help clear rashes and prevent future rashes.
- Change diapers frequently.
- Wash baby’s bottom with lukewarm water and fragrance free, mild soap after very messy diapers. Let baby air dry before replacing the diaper.
Springboard your summer with this cute beachy recipe from KraftHeinz!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes (including cooling)
Makes: 24 servings
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 2-1/4 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
- 6 drops blue food coloring
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 48 bear-shaped graham snacks
- 24 JET-PUFFED FUNMALLOWS Miniature Marshmallows
- Prepare cake butter and bake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes. Cool in pans for 15 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Remove 1-1/4 cups COOL WHIP; set aside. Tint remaining COOL WHIP with food coloring. Spread top of each cupcake with some of each color COOL WHIP to resemble the ocean and beach. Sprinkle 1 tsp. graham crumbs over white COOL WHIP on each cupcake for sand.
- Insert 1 small cocktail umbrella into beach area on each cupcake for the beach umbrella. Decorate cupcakes with remaining ingredients as shown in photo. Keep refrigerated.
Shortcut: Spoon each color of COOL WHIP into separate resealable plastic bag; cut small corner off bottom of each bag. Use to squeeze COOL WHIP from bag to frost cupcakes.
Special Extra: Flatten additional marshmallows with rolling pin to resemble beach towels. Or, cut wide, soft candy ribbon into pieces to resemble towels.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 140 calories, 5g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate, 0g dietary fiber, 12g sugars, 2g protein, 0%DV vitamin A, 0%DV vitamin C, 4%DV calcium, 4%DV iron.
Each time you purchase a Plum baby product using your rewards account during the month of April, you’ll be entered to win $50 in Plum baby products! This giveaway is open from April 1-30 to rewards members. Plum baby products may not be available at all locations. No purchase necessary. Click on the image below for more details on how to enter:
Looking for a fun & tasty activity to do with your kids for Easter? Check out this JELL-O Jigglers recipe from KraftHeinz. Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (6 oz. each) JELL-O Gelatin, any flavor
- 1 package (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- Assorted decorating gels
- Add boiling water to gelatin mixes in large bowl; stir for 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Cool for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Beat pudding mix and milk with whisk for 2 minutes. Add to gelatin; stir until blended. Pour into 13×9-inch pan.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm. Dip bottom of pan in warm water for 15 seconds. Use 2-inch egg-shaped cookie cutter to cut gelatin into 24 shapes, being careful to cut all the way through gelatin to bottom of pan.
- Remove Jigglers from pan. Decorate with gels to resemble Easter eggs. Keep refrigerated.
Making homemade play dough is a quick and easy activity your kids will love! You and your family are all set to make colorful creations with this KraftHeinz recipe featured below.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 envelope KOOL-AID Unsweetened Drink Mix (any flavor)
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- Mix the first 4 ingredients in medium saucepan until blended.
- Stir in water and oil.
- Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes or until mixture forms a ball, stirring frequently.
- Transfer to plate and cool slightly.
Take advantage of our current Baby Club promotion designed to help you save the most on your baby needs:
Each time you spend $50 in baby products* with your rewards account in one month, you will instantly save $5. Watch the bottom of your receipt to see when you reach $50. Stop by today and save on your baby’s needs.
*$50 can be spent throughout the month during multiple trips. Excludes baby formula.